About the qualification
Qualification Number: 603/1234/8
Level 3 Diploma in Probation Practice
This qualification enables Probation Services Officers to develop their knowledge and skills and demonstrate they are competent within their role. It will usually be completed within 12 months of appointment. The Level 3 Diploma in Probation Practice offers progression from, and into, other probation practice related qualifications including the SFJ Awards Level 5 Diploma in Probation Practice.
Learners must complete all three units in the Mandatory Group, one unit from Optional Group 1 and two units from Optional Group 2.
- Professional ethics, values and practices
- Safeguard individuals
- Working with own and other organisations
Optional Group 1:
- Assess the risk, needs and strengths of offenders
- Assess the risks to, and needs of, victims
Optional Group 2:
- Engage and motivate offenders to promote change
- Manage risk of harm
- Produce and present formal reports
- Deliver rehabilitation programmes
- Represent the organisation at formal meetings
- Support victims throughout the custody and release of offenders
- Support offenders with resettlement into the community
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 390 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 60 – 82 hours
What are the pre-entry requirements for the Level 3 Diploma in Probation Practice?
Learners must be working in the probation sector in order to achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Probation Practice.
Please contact us for more information.