The Workforce Development Trust is a registered charity. Workforce Development Trust exists to improve people’s lives by enabling the effective development and deployment of the workforce who deliver services for public benefit. Together, our focus remains on the whole workforce – its planning and design, utilisation and deployment, development and sustainability – and on helping you to improve your services and performance through your workforce. The Workforce Development Trust consists of Skills for Health, Skills for Justice, People 1st International and SFJ Awards.
How to apply
- Applications for our vacancies should made by submitting a CV and cover letter as specified in the job advert.
- Please include details of how you believe you meet the criteria set out in the job description and person specification.
- Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or can be posted to Workforce Development Trust Ltd (Recruitment), 4th Floor, 1 Temple Way, Bristol BS2 0BY
- Please note that Pre-employment checks include: proof of ID; right to work in the UK; employment history and references; proof of professional qualifications and registration; occupational health check and, where required, DBS.
There are currently no vacancies.
Become an SFJ Awards Independent Assessor
We’re a dynamic and growing regulated Awarding Organisation and End Point Assessment (EPA) Organisation, approved by the Education & Skills Funding Agency to deliver EPA’s across a number of Apprenticeship Standards.
We are seeking applications from candidates to become associate Independent Assessors and would like to hear from suitably qualified and experienced professionals who are interested in getting involved in this exciting area of work.
The role of our Independent Assessors is to assess an apprentice’s competence and knowledge against the industry specific standards.
We’re looking for Independent Assessors for the following Apprenticeship Standards:
- Emergency Service Contact Handling – Level 3
- Intelligence Analyst – Level 4
We also have opportunities for the following Apprenticeship Standards:
- Business Fire Safety Advisor – Level 3
- Custody and Detention Officer – Level 3
- Operational Firefighter – Level 3
- Police Community Support Officer – Level 4
- Probation Officer – Level 6
- Probation Services Practitioner – Level 3
- Public Service Operational Delivery Officer – Level 3
- Team Leader / Supervisor – Level 3
To be considered, our Independent Assessors must have:
- A thorough knowledge of their occupational area
- Recent experience of their chosen occupational route (which demonstrates industry competence)
- (Desirable) An assessor qualification (Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, A1 or D32/D33)
Successful candidates will have a customer-focused approach, excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills along with the ability to meet deadlines.
To receive a copy of the role description and application form please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that SFJ Awards have no current vacancies for the role(s) applied for, all suitable applications received will be kept on file for 24 months until appropriate vacancies arise.
If you are applying to assess more than one apprenticeship, please state this in your application and demonstrate your occupational expertise for each one.