Become an Examination Invigilator with SFJ Awards
Job title: Examination Invigilator
Responsible to: Examination Manager
Location: Varied locations and Home (proctored examinations)
Contract type: External Contractor
We are seeking Examination Invigilators to join our team at SFJ Awards. You would be required to visit sites/centres (providing they are within your area) and invigilate Proctored Examinations, directly from home.
The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and fair conduct of exams/knowledge tests following regulations, guidelines, and procedures. Training will be provided by SFJ Awards.Register your interest
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
- Previous Exam Invigilation experience desired but not essential as full training will be given.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A customer-focused approach.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on SFJ Awards behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description.
- Willing to engage in training and to use technology-based approaches for communication and centre support.
- Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation.
Any associate undertaking this role must:
- Have their own transport to attend Examination Sites.
- Have access to a personal computer or laptop.
- Have a suitable secure internet connection.
- Have a personal and secure email account.
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
- Be receptive to using electronic methods of Secure Fire Sharing and Storage facilities.
- Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role.
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for supply of services.
In-person invigilating locations:
- London – NW10 7PA
- Durham – DH1 5ES
- Loughborough – LE11 3GE
- Liverpool – L11 9AP
- Huntingdon (near Cambridge) – PE29 6SZ
- Bridgewater, North Somerset – TA6 4PZ
- Lillyhall, Cumbria – CA14 4JJ
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire – GL51 9TZ
- Grays, Essex – RM17 5QA
- Telford, Shropshire – TF3 3BW
- Plymouth, Devon – PL7 2XT
- Exeter, Devon – EX2 7AP
- Winsford, Cheshire – CW7 2FQ
- Kingsbury (near Birmingham) – B76 0DY
- Southend-on-Sea, Essex – SS2 5PX
- Reigate, Surrey – RH2 0NA
- Kidderminster (near Birmingham) – DY11 7FL
- Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset – BS23 2AL
- Staffordshire – ST15 0BS
- Devizes, Wiltshire – SN10 2EU
Hours and salary:
The hours for this role are flexible – varied and ad hoc.
- £50 per End-Point Assessment Knowledge Test/Examination – This is for attending a site/location that is not your home address. This is inclusive of travel costs.
- £15 back up payment – This will be paid to an invigilator that is on ‘standby’ in case the invigilator booked can no longer attend the relevant site/location.
- £12 per hour – This is for Proctored Examinations, and these will be conducted from your home address.
Register your interest
"*" indicates required fields