About the qualification
Qualification Number: 603/3860/X
SFJ Awards Level 3 Certificate in Providing Initial Legal Advice
Operational Start Date: 1 December 2018
Total Qualification Time: 130 hours
Guided Learning: 90 hours
The main objective of this qualification is to support those who work in a role which provides initial legal advice to individuals. It is competence based and involves the assessment of skills, knowledge and understanding in the real working environment. It is suitable for learners aged 18 years and over who have current work experience within legal advice. Learners will need to demonstrate they can carry out a number of important functions when providing initial legal advice, as indicated in the units below.
To achieve this qualification learners must complete 13 credits from units as follows:
1 mandatory unit from Group A
Minimum of 1 optional unit from Group B
Minimum of 1 optional unit from Group C
The Group A mandatory unit is:
- Providing legal advice to clients
The Group B optional units are:
- Managing interviews with legal advice clients
- Supporting legal advice clients to act on their own behalf
- Providing and receiving referrals on behalf of legal advice clients
- Providing legal information and advice using technology
The Group C optional units are:
- Providing initial legal advice in housing law
- Providing initial employment legal information and advice
- Providing initial legal advice in consumer law
- Providing initial legal advice in welfare rights
- Providing initial advice on family law
- Providing initial money and debt legal advice
What are the pre-entry requirements for the Level 3 Certificate in Providing Initial Legal Advice?
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling on this qualification.
This qualification is now being withdrawn. No further learners can be registered after 31 October 2023. All certifications of learners already registered on the qualification must be complete by 31 October 2024.
Please contact us for more information.