End-Point Assessment (EPA) for Emergency Service Contact Handling supports a wide range of employers across Policing, Healthcare, Ambulance and Paramedics, Fire and Rescue and some private organisations who support national emergency contact requirements.
Apprenticeship assessments maintain the national competency for individuals in highly pressured, complex, and nationally critical workplaces. For levy paying employers providing emergency call handling services, it’s critical to ensure that apprentices are supported through End-Point Assessment and vitally have the required skills, knowledge, and behaviours to respond effectively to a variety of emergency calls and situations.
The role of an Apprentice Emergency
Service Contact Handler
An Apprenticeship in Emergency Service Contact Handling is normally in a “blue light” organisation such as NHS Emergency Care, Police, Fire and Rescue, and the role of an Apprentice Contact Handler is to act as an effective communicator between the public and the services dispatch team.
Apprentice Call Handler preparing for End-Point Assessment needs the ability to ascertain needs of the caller, provide reassurance, advice, decide and take the appropriate course of action. A Contact Handler must act calmly and efficiently under pressure, ensuring computer systems are accurately updated.
Talk to the experts
Take the hassle out of End-Point Assessment, talk to our dedicated team who will support your organisation through EPA.Get in touch
SFJ Awards is the leading Emergency Services EPAO
As the leading Emergency Services EPAO (End-Point Assessment Organisation) in England, we offer impartial, robust, and supportive solutions to help employers guide their apprentices through EPA for the Emergency Services Contact Handling Apprenticeship.
- Our expert assessors have significant sector experience and take a customer-focussed approach, helping us to deliver a first-class End-Point Assessment (EPA) service. The comprehensive support we provide to all of our EPA customers includes a virtual information session for your staff, delivered by sector specialists, to bring the EPA to life, answer any queries and to support them when preparing apprentices for EPA.
- To enable the EPA to run smoothly, apprentices are registered with us using Odyssey Online, our online learner management system. Using Odyssey, you will be able to register apprentices one at a time or in bulk, and the system will provide real time management reports, which include information on an apprentice’s progress and achievements.
Extra guidance for EPA when you work with SFJ Awards
We want to make sure that, as an employer, you receive the best possible guidance and support throughout your EPA journey, to make sure that you have the best experience in readiness for assessment of your apprentices. Our dedicated team help employers planning EPA by going the extra mile with:
- Ongoing guidance before your EPA, including unlimited access to speak to our EPA team, and an on-site visit from our EPA Service Manager.
- Access to an e-portal that enables you to carefully track your apprentices’ goals and achievements, from registration and gateway through to certification.
- Qualified Independent Assessors who conduct the EPA Observation and EPA Professional Discussion, putting your apprentices at ease.
- Access to online or paper-based knowledge tests to help ensure your apprentices have gained the right level of expertise to do their role.
- Robust quality assurance processes give our EPA customers complete peace of mind.
- Results and detailed feedback for your apprentices, irrespective of the outcome of their EPA.
- An EPA checklist that helps you throughout the process, making sure you’ve covered all the essentials to be ready for EPA.
Talk to our EPA team
We understand the challenges for blue light apprenticeships and training. Our specialists in apprenticeships and contact handling EPA will work collaboratively with you as a trusted partner throughout the assessment process.Start an EPA plan
EPA Webinars and Virtual Events
Our online events programme is free and on-demand to help keep you up to date on the latest sector-specific news, products, services and best practice.Watch on-demand
Receive the latest news
Receive the most relevant news and updates that matter to you the most, based on your interests, plus priority booking for on-demand events and webinars about End-Point Assessment planning.Sign-up now