About the Qualifications
The main objective of these qualifications is to provide learners with the knowledge, and many of the skills, required to work in custodial environments.
SFJ Awards Level 3 Certificate in the Management and Care of Individuals in the Custodial Environment
SFJ Awards Level 3 Diploma in the Management and Care of Individuals in the Custodial Environment
The Level 3 Certificate in the Management and Care of Individuals in the Custodial Environment includes the following units:
- Understanding health and safety responsibilities in custodial environments
- Understanding communication and interpersonal skills in custodial environments
- Understanding safer custodial environments
- Operating safely in custodial environments
- Operating securely in custodial environments
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in the Management and Care of Individuals in the Custodial Environment, learners need to achieve the units in the Certificate above, plus the units listed below:
- Understanding organisational, legal and moral responsibilities for individuals in custody
- Understanding offending behaviour and methods for reducing re-offending
- Recording and reporting in a custodial environment
- Use of force in custodial environments
- Searching individuals and custodial environments
- Escorting in custodial environments
- Model pro-social behaviour in working relationships with individuals
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling to complete these qualifications.
If you would like more information about these qualifications please contact the team on 0114 284 1970 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or your SFJ Awards approved centre.