About the qualification
Qualification Number: 601/6549/2
SFJ Awards Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
The SFJ Awards Level 5 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management is aimed at administrative and business managers at a senior level, providing them with the knowledge, skills and understanding to work at this tactical level. The qualification has four mandatory units: Operations Management, Management Accounting, Leadership & Management and Learning & Development. Learners also have to select and complete four of the optional units.
This qualification is part of a suite of qualifications from level 3 through to level 6, providing progression for candidates:
Level 3 is foundation level, level 4 is operational, level 5 is tactical, and level 6 is strategic.
Objectives: meeting relevant programmes of learning, preparing learners for employment, supporting a role in the workplace, and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning, preparing to progress to further learning (HE)
- B. Prepare for further learning or training and/or develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area.
- B2. Develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area
What is the progression for someone who has undertaken the Level 5 Diploma?
- Learners who achieve this qualification can progress to, for example:
- Level 6 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
- Degrees in areas business, business management, business administration
- Business and management undergraduate courses
- Membership of professional bodies
- Managerial roles such as operations director, business development manager or company secretary
This qualification is now being withdrawn. No further learners can be registered after 30 September 2022. All certifications of learners already registered on the qualification must be complete by 30 September 2023.Download Handbook – 601/6549/2