About the qualification
Qualification Number: 601/2010/1
SFJ Awards Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines. The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines develops the learners’ understanding of different types of medication and how they are used. Learners will develop knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medicines, medicine related legislation, audit processes and issues of responsibility and accountability. The objectives of the qualification are to prepare learners for further learning, prepare them for employment and support a role in the workplace.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress on to further training or education and go on to qualifications in health and social care, such as:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
Please contact us for more information.
This qualification is now being withdrawn. No further learners can be registered after 30 November 2022. All certifications of learners already registered on the qualification must be complete by 30 November 2023.