About the Qualification
SFJ Awards Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Access to Legal Advice
Qualification Number: 603/3859/3
Please note: This qualification replaces the SFJ Awards Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Access to Legal Advice QN 601/2761/2
- This qualification is aimed at part-time staff and volunteers who support the provision of legal information and advice to clients. It is competence based and involves the assessment of skills, knowledge and understanding in the real working environment. It is suitable for learners aged 18 years and over who have current work experience within legal advice. Learners will need to demonstrate they can carry out a number of important functions including communicating effectively with legal advice clients, supporting clients to make use of services and helping them to access signposting and referral opportunities.
To achieve this qualification learners must complete 15 credits from units as follows:
- 3 mandatory units from Group A
- 2 optional units from Group B
The Group A mandatory units are:
- Communicating with legal advice clients
- Supporting clients to make use of the legal advice service
- Enabling legal advice clients to access signposting and referral opportunities
The Group B optional units are:
- Obtaining and providing legal information materials
- Providing legal information and advice using technology
- Recognise diversity when delivering customer service
- Reflective practice in a legal advice context
Guided Learning Hours: 100
Total Qualification Time: 150 hours
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling on this qualification.
If you would like more information about this qualification, please contact the team on 0114 284 1970 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.