About this Qualification
This handbook relates to the following qualification:
SFJ Awards Level 3 Certificate for Members of the Independent Monitoring Board
IMB members are independent, unpaid and work an average of two-three days per month. Their role is to monitor the day-to-day life in their local prison or removal centre and ensure that proper standards of care and decency are maintained.
This qualification was developed at the request of the Independent Monitoring Board (IMB) to:
- recognise the achievements of its members
- provide a structure for training and personal development
- develop a consistent level of skills and knowledge across the organisation
- quality assure the competence of IMB members in their roles
There are no pre-entry requirements for this qualification; it is envisaged that learners will use this qualification as a means of:
- formally recognising current competence
- using it as a framework to identify development needs
This qualification is being withdrawn from 1 January 2018. The last date for registrations and certifications is 31 December 2017.
If you are interested in doing this qualification please contact the team on 0114 284 1970 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you where this qualification is available.