About the Qualification
SFJ Awards Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles of Restorative Practice
Qualification Number: 603/1451/5
The aim of the Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles of Restorative Practice is to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge of restorative practice and the practitioner role. As the qualification is available to learners from 16 years and does not require any workplace assessment, it can be used in a wide range of contexts for those who wish to learn about restorative justice and practice.
The qualification consists of one mandatory unit: Understand the principles of restorative practice
The knowledge-based unit covers:
- Legislation in the context of restorative practice
- The history of restorative practice in a post-conflict situation
- Restorative practice principles
- Good practice guidelines in restorative practice
- Confidentiality and boundaries in restorative processes
- The role and support requirements of the practitioner during the restorative process
- Risk in the restorative practice context
- The use of ground-rules for behaviour and communication during restorative processes
- Group dynamics
- The use of effective communication techniques in restorative practice
- Recording and reporting in the restorative process
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 55 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 20
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling to complete this qualification. However, learners will require suitable literacy and numeracy skills to meet the requirements of the assessment criteria.
If you would like more information about this qualification, please contact the team on 0114 284 1970 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.