About the Qualification
SFJ Awards Level 3 Award in Casualty Care for Fire and Rescue Services
Qualification Number: 603/1435/7
This qualification is relevant to learners who are developing their knowledge and skills for providing immediate life support to a patient prior to the arrival of qualified paramedics. The qualification provides the knowledge and skills needed for the role, but does not lead to occupational competence.
To achieve the qualification learners must complete five mandatory units:
- Understanding anatomy and physiology for casualty care
- Perform a primary and secondary survey for casualty care
- Manage traumatic emergencies
- Manage medical emergencies
- Adult and paediatric basic life support and automated external defibrillation
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 48 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 35
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling to complete this qualification.
If you would like more information about this qualification, please contact the team on 0114 284 1970 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.