About the Qualification
SFJ Awards Level 5 Diploma in Fire Engineering Design (Technician)
Qualification Number: 603/1369/9
This qualification is for individuals who work or intend to work in a position where they are involved in auditing or risk assessing fire engineering premises and designing or assessing fire engineering design submissions.
The Diploma in Fire Engineering Design is a Level 5 qualification aimed at building control officers, approved inspectors, fire engineers, fire safety auditors, inspectors, fire risk assessors, managers, surveyors, architects and fire safety professionals so that they can work towards achieving Fire Engineering Technician status.
The qualification consists of the following 10 mandatory units:
- Principles of fire development and spread
- Principles of fire engineering
- Review the effectiveness of automatic fire suppression systems
- Fire engineering design and its impact on human behaviour
- Fire engineering design and its impact on the fire resistance of materials and structures
- Smoke control and heat exhaust ventilation systems
- Pressure differential systems
- Fire engineering design and its impact on the external spread of fire
- Fire engineering design and its impact on access and facilities for fire-fighting
- Principles of fire and evacuation modelling
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 370 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 230
There are no formal entry requirements although learners should be able to work at level 4 or above, be proficient in the use of English Language and have previous experience of applying fire safety guidance such as Approved Document B (or equivalent) and BS 9999.
If you are interested in this qualification, please contact the team on 0114 284 1970 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.