SFJ Awards have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant – an agreement set out between the government and the armed forces to support members of the military and their families.
The agreement says those who have served should face no disadvantage compared to other citizens and that special consideration be given in some cases, especially for those who have given most – such as the injured and the bereaved.
SFJ Awards recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business, and we will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant. We’ll do this by:
• promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation
• seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
• striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
• endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
• seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
• aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day
Signing up to the covenant means SFJ Awards can add the seal to the website and other materials.